Love Meets Medicine
All Aboard for the Junction!
Dr.Karyn Collins, MD FAAP Dr. Anna Lincoln, MD FAAP
Board Certified Pediatricians
Fellows of the American Academy of Pediatrics (FAAP)
Being good physicians was just the beginning for us. Our love of medicine and family seeded an idea that became a dream and now reality. Pediatric Junction is about the way we think pediatrics should be practiced:
- A Medical Home Not A Doctor's Office
- Empowering Families To Be Involved
- Showing Compassion And Respect
- Information Always Available
- Hugs And Prayers With Medical Knowledge
- Community Active As Doctors And Parents
- Every Family Has A Primary Care Physician
Pertussis Numbers Continue To Rise
- HCISD has reported 5 cases of confirmed pertussis.
- Texas has confirmend over 3150 with 3 deaths statewide.
- Newborns, infants, and pregnant women most vulnerable.
- All Pediatric Junction(PJ) patients and staff are immunized. We are 100% for vaccines
- #1 cause is transmission from adults where pertussis is easily undetected.
- The good news is adults can still be vaccinated
- Check with your physician
- PJ will provide vaccines for parents, caregivers, and those who come into contact with child, especially newborns and infants
- Tdap (pertussis vaccine) is available at Flu Clinics and during regular child visits
- Our cost is $65 and provide no insurance service to non-patients
- If you need to make special arrangements for getting Tdap or making financial arrangements. Contact Front Desk.
- Children from 2 months to 10 years receive DTaP, above 10 Tdap. (children as young as 7 years may receive Tdap)
- See right side bar for informational links.
Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.